Acceptable Use Policy
We do not review, edit, censor, or take responsibility for any information customers or End Users may create. Because of this, we cannot accept any responsibility from customers, End Users, or third parties, resulting from inaccurate, unsuitable, offensive, or illegal content or transactions.
This AUP incorporates other policies from entities providing products through us to you. These policies are “passed through” to you by this AUP. You are strongly encouraged to review these policies prior to agreeing to be bound by this AUP. We will provide you with information about these policies on request.
If it is suspected or discovered that user credentials which are used to access Edge Hosting owned systems (i.e. support.edgehosting.com) have been compromised, or that any asset which is used to access our systems has been breached, you must immediately contact support to have the credentials changed. Edge Hosting owned systems shall not be accessed until the breach is contained. Breaches includes, but are not limited to, systems compromised by the following: Hackers, Password Stealing Malware, Keystroke Loggers, Rootkits, Trojans, and Bots.
1. The Services May be Used for Lawful Purposes Only
You may not use the Services, or contact us, to:
- engage in defamation, harassment, obscenity, or any threatening activity;
- display, provide access to, or otherwise distribute content that contains images, or descriptions, of child pornography, bestiality, or child erotica;
- engage in gambling or ponzi schemes (regardless of content), including advertising this type of content;
- create, post or send any item designed to disrupt another person’s use of the Internet or the Services, regardless of whether your intent was benign;
- engage in, or facilitate, the distribution of materials that may not be exported under U.S. law;
- do business with any individual or entity set whom U.S. companies may not do business;
- post links to illegal items;
- instruct others in illegal or prohibited activities;
- gain access or deny access to a system or attempt to gain or attempt to deny access to a system without the permission of the system's owners (or rightful users);
- engage in a denial of service attack, or otherwise intentionally attempt to burden our network in a way that would significantly diminish its ability to function, or engage in any activity designed to cause Edge, our customers, and/or End Users to be the target of that type of activity;
- probe, scan, sweep, spoof and/or engage in efforts to gain unauthorized access to our network or systems, regardless of your intent in engaging in these activities;
- monitor or attempt to monitor the traffic of our network, that of our customers or End Users, or engage in activities designed to disrupt, delay or otherwise compromise the integrity and performance of our network, regardless of your intent in engaging in these activities;
- undermine our, our customer’s, and/or End User’s measures to secure their data, and attempt to prevent disruption of the Services and our network from malicious software, viruses, worms and “trojan horses;”
- engage in activities designed to conceal or misrepresent your identity, including forging packet header information;
- access p2p networks;
Unsolicited Commercial Email/Unsolicited Bulk Email Policy (SPAM)
If you wish to send bulk messages to recipients who have consented to receive them, you must ensure that your mailing list only sends messages to people who have explicitly given your organization prior consent to send them such information. Customers who send SPAM will have their accounts suspended without benefit of any refund of any amounts paid. We reserve the right to determine, in our sole and absolute discretion, what constitutes SPAM. We also prohibit you, or your End Users, from relaying email unless you agree to sign up for the Edge anti-spam service or demonstrate another service that, to our satisfaction, prevents the forwarding of SPAM from our network. Edge does not authorize the use of our Service for any email related activity that is a violation of state, federal, or international law, including, but not limited to, the CAN SPAM Act. Edge does not permit or authorize any attempt to use the Services in a manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair any aspect of any of the Services, or that could result in the blocking of our ability to send email from our network. Should your use of our Services cause us to be “black listed,” your account may be suspended.
If Edge believes that improper use is being made of the Service to send SPAM, it may, without notice, take such action as it, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate, including, but not limited to, blocking outgoing messages from a particular internet domain, mail server or IP address. Edge may immediately terminate any account on the Service which it determines, in its sole discretion, is transmitting or is otherwise connected with any e-mail that violates this policy. Nothing in this policy is intended to grant any right to transmit or send e-mail to, or through, our Services. Failure to enforce this policy in every instance does not amount to a waiver of Edge's rights.
2. Contacting Us
Individuals who contact us about this AUP, the behavior of our customers, or for other purposes, are required to provide us with accurate information to enable us to contact them and respond to their requests. We do not respond to anonymous correspondence, and will refer individuals who deliberately attempt to mislead us regarding their identity to appropriate law enforcement officials. Send these requests to:
Edge Hosting, LLC
Attn: Compliance Department
120 E. Baltimore Street
Baltimore, MD 21202